This first messenger is said to have the everlasting gospel to preach to the people that live on the
earth. He summons earths millions to reverence God and to worship the Creator of heaven and earth
because the hour of His judgment is come!
And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she
made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. Revelation 14:8
The second messenger announces the moral fall of mystical Babylon.
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his
image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the
wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be
tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the
Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day
nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith
of Jesus. Revelation 14:9-12
This third angel declares the awesome judgments that will befall the worshipper of the beast and his
image and whoever is a recipient of his mark.
This leaves us with a lot of questions. But taking note of these texts we do know that:
1. These messages, given by God, have to do with religion in view of the use of the word worship
2. We learn that Babylonsome power which influences the whole worldwill collapse. We therefore
need to identify what Babylon is.
3. We know that a powerhere called the beastwill enforce a type of worship which is opposed to
the worship of God. We therefore need to identify who this beast power is.
4. We also see that this beast has an image, which will give support to the work of the beast. So we
need to identify who the image of the beast is.
5. We see that the beast power enforces its markThe mark of the beast. We need to identify what
this mark is.
6. Last, but more importantly, God says that those who submit to this power when its mark is
enforced will in effect be committing the unpardonable sin and will be subject to the judgments of
God to be lost for eternity. We therefore need to find out how to avoid this markwhatever is may be.
To reveal the identity of Babylon, the Beast, the Image to the Beast, and the Mark of the Beast
a comprehensive study of the Bible is requiredmuch more than it would be possible to fit on this
piece of paper.
In the meantime lets look at a few more important questions;